2865_oct_fibercomp3
oct_fiber_couplers_780
4014_fc850.40.50.apc_sgl
4029_fc1310.70.10.apc_sgl

Fused Fiber Optic Couplers

PrintEmail

OCT Fiber Optic Components




  • Designed and Tested for Oct Applications
  • 1310 nm Center Wavelength with 1:99, 10:90, and 50:50 Coupling Ratio
  • 850 nm Center Wavelength with 50:50 Coupling Ratio
  • Polarization Insensitive with Flat Spectral Response

Features

  • Operating Wavelength Ranges: 850 ± 40 nm and 1310 ± 70 nm
  • Flat Spectral Response
  • Low Insertion Loss
  • Available Coupling Ratios:
    • 850 nm: 50:50
    • 1310 nm: 99:1, 90:10, and 50:50
  • 2.0 mm Narrow Key FC/APC Connectors
  • Customized Fiber Lead Lengths and Connectors Available

Fiber Optic Couplers
Fiber optic couplers are devices with one or more input and output fibers. The FC850-40 and FC1310-70 series of couplers have 2 input and 2 output fibers as shown in the photo to the right. Light input into the device from a single fiber on one end is coupled, at a fixed ratio, into the other set of leads.

For example, light input into lead A1 of the FC1310-70-01-APC coupler will be split so that 99% of the transmitted light is coupled into the B2 lead while the other 1% is coupled into the B1 lead. The coupler is bidirectional, in that you can input the light into any of the fiber leads and have the transmitted light split between the two leads in the other lead pair.

 

850 nm OCT Broadband Fiber Optic Couplers

 

Item #FC850-40-50-APC
Wavelength Range 850 ± 40 nm
Fiber Type 780HP with Ø900 µm Hytrel Tubing
Coupling Ratio (%) 50/50
Insertion Loss 4.2/4.2 dB
Polarization-Dependent Loss =0.2 dB
Excess Loss =1.0 dB
Directivity =55 dB
Port Configuration 2 x 2
Operating Temperature Range -40 to 85 °C
Storage Temperature Range -40 to 85 °C
Lead Length and Tolerance 100 ± 10 cm
Connectors 2.0 mm Narrow Key FC/APC

 

 1310 nm OCT Broadband Fiber Optic Couplers

 

Item #FC1310-70-01-APCFC1310-70-10-APCFC1310-70-50-APC
Wavelength Range 1310 ± 70 nm
Fiber Type SMF-28e+ with Ø900 µm Hytrel Tubing
Coupling Ratio (%) 99/1 90/10 50/50
Insertion Loss 0.4/21.6 dB 0.8/12.7 dB 3.8/3.8 dB
Polarization-Dependent Loss =0.15 dB
Excess Loss =0.5 dB
Directivity =60 dB
Port Configuration 2 x 2
Operating Temperature Range -40 to 85 °C
Storage Temperature Range -40 to 85 °C
Lead Length and Tolerance 100 ± 10 cm
Connectors 2.0 mm Narrow Key FC/APC

 

 

ABOUT US

Our Mission is to accelerate the advancement of optical technology for precision measurements and their applications from the table tops of research laboratories to standard use in communication and high technology industries. Our aim is to serve our customers. Our hope is to create a place for highly skilled people in an open environment

contact us

Tel               +966 35823441
Fax               +966 35823441
Egypt Mobile  +2 0120 7577664
KSA Mobile     +966 545 991188
Email             This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

newsletter